Subject: Re: PAR is doing the Samba!
From: [email-masked] (Frank Aalbers)
To: [email-masked] (lightmail)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 13:14:20 +0100

Mark J. Peterson ([email-masked] (Mark J. Peterson)) wrote:

 MJP> and recording directly on the Amiga PAR using Samba/ethernet. The
 MJP> secret
 MJP> ingredient turns out to be creating a file with the animation name you
 MJP> want
 MJP> on the PAR *first*, then start rendering frames with that same name on
 MJP> the
 MJP> PC.

Hey ! Great tip ! I'll try it out later on . I used Sentry from AdPro
to do it . Works OK ! But your tip seems to be better .

Did you find a way to get more then one PC on a network reading and
writing Amiga drives ? That is my problem now . If I connect the
network Amiga drives to one PC the others cant do it annymore . I get
a Network Path error . Maybe need to play a bit with Samba ...

Thanks again !

Frank Aalbers
GRID Productions
--
[email-masked] (Frank Aalbers) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]